The first group are classed as 'Empty Words'. These are words that even though sound good carry no real value for you. What this means, even though your using the word to describe yourself, it leaves many unanswered questions. So, you state that your a team player.....well it may sound good but your just telling the employer. It is hard for the employer just to simply take your word for it. It is better to show your a team player through evidence e.g. worked with clients to help them progress. Below are the most common empty words used in a CV.
*Aggressive * Ambitious * Competent * Creative
* Detailed-Orientated * Determined * Efficient * Experienced
* Flexible * Goal-Orientated * Hard-working * Independent
* Innovative * Knowledgeable * Logical * Motivated
* Meticulous * People Person * Professional * Reliable
* Resourceful * Self-Motivated * Successful * Team Player
The second group are classed as 'Never Use'. These type of words are like warning signs to employers. They could point to big negatives about you and give employer wrong impression. For that reason you must never use them. You would be surprised how often these words are included in a CV. Below are the word you never use in a CV.
* Abused * Accused * Bullied * Burned * Destroyed
* Embezzled * Fired * Immolated * Indicated * Maimed
* Manhandled * Misappropriated * Robbed * Shot * Stole
* Squandered * Threatened * Victimised * Violated