These are very simple things to make sure that your CV is good enough!!!
- Make sure your you CV is organised
- Make sure it is error free
- Evidence achievements
- Focus on the layout, make it look professional and good
- Keep to your points!
- Always make sure your CV suits the job you applying for
- Ask for help if needed
- Use positive 'power words' (see power word section)
- Detail gap periods in employment
- If you can use figures (statistics) to demonstrate your work then do it
- Look at free CV templates/samples for help and be inspired
- Make sure you use dates on qualifications and employment history
- Always update your CV
Things you should never use or do with your CV!!
- Never lie
- Don't put CV on the top of your CV as it is obvious what it is
- Don't use flashy fonts or coloured paper
- Try not to use 'I' all the time
- No text language or abbreviations
- Don't include a photograph
- Don't include you National Insurance or Passport numbers
- No negative information e.g. divorces etc.
- Don't add want kind of salary (wage) you expect or looking for
- Don't have too many variations of you CV
- Proof read you CV don't just use spell-check
- Don't add loads of hobbies
- Don't include your political or religious views
- No small fonts
- Make negative comments about previous employers
- Never repeat yourself