- Know your benefits - make sure that you know what state benefits you are entitled to & any payments you may be owed by the employer. This will help ease your fears over money.
- Build your strategy - now that you have taken care of your financial matters, it time to start looking for a new job. To do achieve this in the best and most efficient way, it time to develop a plan of how you will go about this. Having a plan will help you stayed focused & motivated as it might not be a short thing.
- Prepare your marketing tools - Now you have got your plan, it time to develop all your tools that will help you find & get a job. Spend time on developing the best CV, cover letter & other materials you need to find a job.
- Tell the world - Don't be afraid to tell friends, family, old work friends etc that your looking for a job. You never know that they may hear or come across an opportunity that is right for you.
- Network - Get yourself out there. Attend career events, get in contact with companies, leading individuals in your industry through your social media platforms. Read blogs and interact with others online. Get yourself noticed as you never know what may happen i.e a opportunity presents itself to you!
- Take time for you - Make sure that you take some time out for yourself. Being laid off and then conducting a job search can be very stressful. It's important you take time out to relax & have fun.
- Look after yourself - Make sure you look after your health both mental & physical. Exercise, eat healthy and vent out issues that are on your mind either through activities or talking to others.
- Patience - Finding a new job is going to take time and you will probably make some mistakes a long the way too. Being prepared for this will help you stop being demotivated and lose your focus.
- Develop interview skills - make sure that you work on developing your interview skills to help you do well in them. Work on your weaknesses and read up on tips & advice that could help you.
We hope that these tips can be helpful to you!