(1) Deep breaths are an instant stress reliever. Repeat two or three times!
(2) Clench your fists - Hold your fists clenched for 3-5 seconds & then release. Releasing your hands relaxes your shoulders & jaw. Repeat this 3 times. (Try it now)!
(3) Push away anxiety - Go into a nearby bathroom/toilet & lean into a wall like a suspect being frisked in a cop show. Push hard, as though you want to push the wall down. Grunt as you push. It is suppose to contract certain muscles, which in turn reduces anxiety. Key thing is not doing this in front of anyone as you don't want to appear strange!
(4) Visualise the outcome you want - Top sports stars often visualise techniques to calm jitters, improve concentration & boost performance!
(5) Combine relaxation with visualisation - Visual relaxing scenes while doing deep breaths!