You have to be honest with yourself over such an important tool. Does the CV you’ve created stand out? Will employers be impressed with it? Is it time to call the experts and get it reviewed? To help you review it yourself, below are some questions to ask yourself about your CV before you send it off for the job:
• Have I selected the best format for my background and goals?
• Does my CV illustrate to an employer the benefits of interviewing me – how I can handle the job, have positive work attitudes, get along well with others?
• Does my CV stress my accomplishments and skills?
• Does my CV contain negative information?
• Are all my claims believable, backed up by measurable results, and true examples?
• Does my CV have adequate keywords to allow automated searches to retrieve my CV and bring me to a searcher’s attention?
• Is my CV inviting to read with good, clean layout and adequate white space?