1. Spell the name of the company and/or the recruiter incorrectly.
2. Send the letter with your CV to the wrong address.
3. Do not address the letter to anyone by specific name.
4. Relying on spell check to spot your spelling mistakes or typos.
5. Don’t bother putting your address on it as it already on your CV.
6. Addressing the letter to 'Dear Sir/Madam.'
7. Don’t worry about the attachments—you can always send them later.
8. Trying to stand out and show some creativity with brightly coloured paper and unique colour combinations and fonts.
9. Use the reader’s(employers) first name
10. Don’t bother finding out the addressee’s title and position.
11. Write like you talk, using slang or even text messaging language
12. Don’t use brand-new paper and envelopes. You wouldn't want the potential employer to think that you are desperate or really want the position.