Like all aspects of a job search, there is a manner in which to conduct yourself. To help you with this, below we have listed the most common methods that will damage your networking efforts. We hope they can help you with your networking.
- Ask for more than you deserve
- Forget to follow up
- Disregarding a reciprocal request
- Forget to ask 'How Can I Help You'
- Don't say 'Thank You'
- Misrepresent your relationship
- Over use of a contact/referral
- Make a new contact work too hard
- Assuming people will help you because you need it
Remember, in networking as part of your job search, don't forget your manners, treat every one with respect & stick to your word/promises.