(1) Show You've Prepared – You know when it comes to interview tips that preparation is KEY. Show the interviewer that you have done your homework about the job role and the company. Show them you understand their needs, you’ll an ideal fit for their needs and that you have skills to get up to speed fast!
(2) Knowing the Differences of Screening & Selection Interviews – Make sure you understand which interview you are having to help you know what you got to do to achieve the end goal!
- Screening Interview – This is process used by recruiters & employers to see if you are a suitable candidate that can match what they are looking for before asking you to attend for the face to face interview!
- Selection Interview – This is the interview where employers will decide which candidate is ideal for the job role!
(3) Discover Early What They Want & Show You Can Deliver – You know the job role but what is the company looking for in the prospective employee. Try and find that out early enough so you can show them that you meet it!
(4) Connect With Job Requirements – Show how your skills, achievements & qualifications meet all the job requirements!
(5) Short Sales Pitch – Memorise a short sales pitch about yourself that describes your education, experience & skills and matches your strengths to the jobs you seek!
(6) Likeability – In the interview it isn't just your skills & experiences that help you win the job role but being liked by the interviewer. It is important you leave a good impression so after the interviewer you’re hard to forget for the right reasons!
(7) No Money Talk Till the End – If an employer thinks you’re only after money then they will not hire you. Leave any discussions about money either till the end when they ask if you have any questions or till they bring it up!