- Don't put much time & effort into job hunting.
- Waste time on unproductive activities.
- No way of measuring their progress.
- Not sure what kind of work they're looking for.
- Don't make or have enough prospective employers.
- Don't research their job markets.
- No systematic approach to the job search.
- Only go after announced job openings.
- Don't realise it's a numbers game.
- Going at job search alone, with no objective, advice or support.
Use these reasons to help you structure a successful job search that will help you not only increase your efforts for the better but also to help you produced results.
Please note that even following these to structure your job search, it will take time as you will also have to develop your job searching tools to a high standard (CV, cover letter etc). Good luck!