When conducting a job search, you can expect to have a few phone interviews. They are a screening interview which means you are being assessed to see if you are suitable for job and can have an interview with the employer. Sometimes these interviews can happen without any warning. To be full prepared for a phone interview, here are some things to have ready at your job search work area.
• Your current CV/resume - If you can, label the CVs that have been used to apply for jobs so you can have the copy you sent in front of you!
• List of professional accomplishments – When you have applied for the job, always have the examples of your accomplishments evidenced ready to tell the interviewer.
• Have all your notes about the company, job role and the interviewer ready to help you show you have done your homework including questions about them.
• Have brief outlines of stories that help illustrate your qualifications & skills to help evidence you have what the job needs.
• Have a calendar at hand to help you schedule a further interview and let you know when you have free dates & times.
• Notepad & pen are handy tools to help you make notes of things to remember to ask about of to help you answer questions.
• Having a bottle of water and tissues at hand are also good things to have close to help you deal with dry throat or and nose related drama.