However it's not that simple, especially in tough times. There are fewer positions available and more candidates vying for every job opening that appears. You have to smart & competitive to try and not only stand out from the crowd but to make your efforts count.
Below are some tips that will hopefully aid any job seeker not only create a job search plan but also develop it and keep their momentum going. One very important aspect in job search is not to get complacent. We hope that these tips can help you!
- Regular communication with your network (e.g. Quick Updates)
- Constant efficient use of the web (Look & Apply)
- Create new network contacts (Ask Who Should You Be Speaking/Networking to)
- Attend networking events & gain new potential networking contacts
- Help others in your network (Don't Be Selfish)
- Look for untapped groups who could & want to help you
- Finding friendly ways to say you'er looking for work to people close to you
- Use your partner to help keep you going & motivated
- Build a clear list of target companies. (People Can Help You More If You Know What Your After)
- Always have good marketing tools at hand (CV, Business Cards etc)
- Develop a method to deal with stress to help you stay focused & motivated (Going Gym, Exercise, Long Walks etc)