During the interview, employers will always be examining what you say to assess how truthful you are and after the interview, will double check the information through various sources e.g. references. Your lies will be discovered eventually and besides hurting your reputation, it could have serious consequences.
Here is a list of typical porkies that candidates commonly tell during their job interviews. Take a look through them and make sure you don’t make the same mistake and do yourself more harm than good!
- Salary Not Important To Them
- Reasons For Leaving Previous Employer
- Exaggerate Their Previous Position e.g. Level of Seniority
- Willing To Relocate
- Salary of Previous Role
- Fake References
- Travel Time Doesn't Bother Me
- Achievements In Previous Positions
- Education - Their Level of Qualifications or Training
- Employment Gaps - Cover up what they were doing or lie about what they did
- General Skills - Skills such as I.T, communication, teamwork.
- Not Disclosing Criminal Record